Hello March. You & your potential signs of spring are being welcomed in with open arms. You can melt away the snow that has been sitting on the ground for the past two months straight & you can up those temps quite a bit too. Anytime now…
A new month means a new set of goals, but before I get into what I have planned for myself this month, let’s recap on how February went:
Read4 chapters of Systematic Theology. I didn’t devote as much time to this as I really would have liked too. One chapter was all I finished. It was a long one though, so that’s gotta count for something 😉 Nevertheless, there is grace, so I will keep pushing on!
- Set us up to start using an envelope budget. Procrastination at it’s finest. This has been on my to-do list since the summer and I still find us with no envelope budget.
Finally introduce a series on The Pruim Life that I’ve been dwelling on for months.From Comparison to Contentment has been on my heart since October, and I finally hit the publish button for the first of many future posts this past week. Continue on in the job search process.Continue I did, as I sent out resumes, scored an interview, got the call the next day with a job offer, and started my new job last week.
Establish a habit of going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week.Guys, I (surprisingly) knocked this one out of the park. Not only did I accomplish this goal, but I exceeded it with hitting the gym at least 5 days a week. Finding two work out buddies, following a workout plan, having my husband be a source of accountability, and trying out new classes at the gym, have all been game changers in motivating me in this. & it sure does feel good.
the gallery wallin our living room. Progress has certainly been made. I’ve created a few pieces to include with pieces that I already had ready to go onto the wall. A potential layout is scattered across our front room floor awaiting the finishing touches before I’m ready to start hanging it up. But it’s coming along.
So February was a fairly successful month. Here’s to hoping that March will be the same way:
- Continue hitting up the gym at least 5 times a week.
- Read 4 chapters of Systematic Theology.
- Complete the gallery wall for our living room.
- Journal more often. Writing things out on paper has always been a way for me to open up and release the tangled web of thoughts that take residence in my mind and make sense of them. It’s a way that I feel intimately close to Jesus as I speak openly and honestly. & almost always, without fail, I set down my pen with a better sense of clarity – oftentimes in ways that I never expected. I love to journal. But I let the time commitment stand in my way of actually utilizing it enough. After a recent morning of some heart to heart time with Jesus, I know that this needs to change.
- Get a tan in MEXICO! This month we will be joining my husband’s entire family for a vacation to Cozumel, and We. Are. Stoked! It’s my goal to spend as much of the time there in the sun as possible.
- Snuggle more with my hubby, because why not?
As another recap, here’s what you may have missed this month:
What goals do you have for yourself this month?
I’m linking up with Haley at the Tiny Twig for her monthly Goals with Grace post.