I’m a little slow rolling here with my April goals. I think going on vacation at the end of last month left me with no time to really think through what it is that I would like to accomplish in the 30 days of April. But first, let’s check in on how March went.
Continue hitting up the gym at least 5 times a week.Up until our vacation at the end of the month, I stayed consistent in working out again this month. I owe so much to my swollmate for that. 😉
- Read 4 chapters of Systematic Theology. Nope. Only got through one chapter again this month.
- Complete the gallery wall for our living room. More progress has been made, but not quite there yet. I painted a couple pieces to include with it that I’m really happy with. It just needs to all finally get nailed down.
- Journal more often. Sadly, this just didn’t happen.
Get a tan in MEXICO!While some overcast days and a bit of rain salted my game, I left Cozumel with a little bit more color than I came to it with. More importantly, we had the most wonderful time vacationing with the whole Pruim family. (More pictures and details to come on that soon!) Snuggle more with my hubby.I wasn’t exactly intentional about this, but I still managed to fit in snuggle time nonetheless.
- Read More (beyond Systematic). Going on vacation allowed me a little more reading time, and I was able to finish a book I’ve been reading since Christmas. I want to keep plowing through the many quality books on my shelf that I have yet to read.
- Work out 3-4 times a week. I’m not going to lie, going on vacation ruined a bit of my motivation to hit the gym everyday. It took a couple days of adjusting back home to finally suck it up and get back into it. Now that I’m getting there though, I’d like to keep at it. Because I’ve been really pleased with the progress I’ve made because of it.
- Spend the nice days outside. Spring is trying to surface here in Minot. We had a week of gorgeous 60-70 degree weather, but then we dropped back into the 30s and 40s, with multiple days of snow scattered in. I was warned to never get my hopes up with the weather here. But I at least want to take advantage of the nice days that we do have. This weekend we’re supposed to be hitting back into the 60s and 70s, so in whatever off time I have I want to get out and soak up the sun, because it sure does do something for my soul.
I’m just keeping it simple this month, considering we’re already a third of the way through it. This month is more full than usual too with a big fundraiser for work, some friends coming to visit, and Adam’s birthday, so I want to be sure my time is spent wisely too. Besides, I still want to leave some room in the margins to let life happen. Grace man. That’s what this whole thing is about.
What goals do you have for yourself this month?